Dedicated to Alfie 2006 - 2010

Dedicated to Alfie 2006 - 2010
Dedicated to Alfie 2006 - 2010. Our Alfie was attacked and killed by poaching dogs from the farm across the road on 28 November 2010

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Elections Underberg Style

The municipal elections are over so we don't have to stand in a line for 2 hours until the next time.  We went off to vote at the Catholic Church in Underberg.  I don't think voting should be held in a church but I suppose decency no longer applies to our government.  With a bit of luck we will have more councillors that are capable of constructive thought and the village can be tidied up.  Himeville village, next door to Underberg, is virtually impossible to drive around in as every road there has huge potholes.  The old story applies; "I saw a pair of rabbit ears sticking up out of a pothole but when I got closer I realised that they were a pair of donkey ears!"  I am of the opinion that the name of Himeville should be changed to Kwa Pothole (bad Zulu for "The place of potholes".)

The cold is here with us and mornings are becoming more difficult to deal with.  I think my mornings should start around 11am so that the cold does not grab me.  This is winter at Underberg and the cold is normal.  I suspect we get a lot of snow on the mountains and even in our garden.  As far as I'm concerned snow belongs on the top of mountains and on postcards but not in my garden or on my roof.

No comments: